This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Firewall Rule "Log Traffic" Option

Where can I find the log for a given firewall rule when I choose "Log Traffic"?  I am trying to see outbound traffic on port 22, so I created a separate rule for it and set it to log, but I can't find the log.  I want to lock it down to just a few destination IP addresses and need to know what is being used.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Obviously the rule needs to be set to log and above the rule that will allow any traffic etc

Logs are in firewall log and you're looking for something similar to dstport="22"

There is also Network Usage > Bandwidth Usage > Top client by service and enter port 22. You will see all connections on port 22 but you should be able to spot your local ones in there. Alternatively, export it to csv (top right hand corner) and filter the csv file from there.

You could also use something like iview3 or a free syslogger.

• If I search the log and the only results are blocked and dropped *inbound* traffic, does that mean that there were no attempts to use ssh to go *outbound*?  In other words all the results show:

external address:random port ---> internal address:port 22

I don't see anything for:

internal address:random port ---> external address:port 22

• If I search the log and the only results are blocked and dropped *inbound* traffic, does that mean that there were no attempts to use ssh to go *outbound*?  In other words all the results show:

external address:random port ---> internal address:port 22

I don't see anything for:

internal address:random port ---> external address:port 22

Children