This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Quarantine Report not always generated

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi all together,

sorry, my english is not very good....

I've set my quarantine report to sent twice a day. Now I have read on the web interface that reports for SMTP are always created when content is available for the report.

For me this is unfortunately not the case - we still receive our quarantine reports at the set times and yes, we certainly use SMTP and not POP3 ....

Does anyone have an idea?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I followed your thread in the German Forum.  In WebAdmin in English, the text to which you refer is "Please note that the reports for POP3 are generated on-demand, while the reports for SMTP are always generated if there is content to report."  This isn't very clearly written, but it's just stating that the difference between POP3 and SMTP is that "POP3 reports are sent on-demand if there is content to report, but SMTP reports are sent on schedule if there is content to report."

The text in German is misleading in the same way: Bitte beachten Sie, dass Berichte für POP3 bei Bedarf erstellt werden, aber Berichte für SMTP immer erstellt werden, wenn Inhalt für den Bericht vorliegt.

Cheers & fG - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to BAlfson

Hi Bob,

that means with SMTP that the report comes at the set times?

In the suboptimal case, a user must therefore wait for the time difference between the times until he is alerted to a quarantine.

That could be solved better too!

• I often discussed that with customers. What is the sense of a antispam system if it doesn't also reduces the mails in inboxes?
    The user can take an actual look in his quarantine at any with the user portal, can add senders to whitelists.

We have a pop3 proxy customer who wants an info mail for every single catched mail. So we deactivated the reports completely and he gets about 300 infos a day.

But that in my opinion could also be achieved whithout a spam filter, too. There is nearly no benefit.

Gruß / Regards,

Kevin
    Sophos CE/CA (XG+UTM), Gold Partner

• I often discussed that with customers. What is the sense of a antispam system if it doesn't also reduces the mails in inboxes?
    The user can take an actual look in his quarantine at any with the user portal, can add senders to whitelists.

We have a pop3 proxy customer who wants an info mail for every single catched mail. So we deactivated the reports completely and he gets about 300 infos a day.

But that in my opinion could also be achieved whithout a spam filter, too. There is nearly no benefit.

Gruß / Regards,

Kevin
    Sophos CE/CA (XG+UTM), Gold Partner

Children
No Data