This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SPX Encryption

Hello,

I've read through many posts on this topic so I apologize if I'm simply overlooking something...

I'm trying to enable SPX encryption on our UTM 9 firmware 9.503-4 and I've performed the following steps : 

1. I've added our exchange server as the upstream host
  2. Our internal network for Host-Based Relay
  3. Enabled SPX Encryption Status to Enabled
  4. I've enabled a DLP phrase to trigger the encryption
  5. I've set up a send connector in our Exchange Server

The tried to send an e-mail using the trigger and I got an email back from the firewall : "a potentially confidential email has been blackholed and not delivered."

What am I missing in the configuration that's prompting this reply?

Thanks. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

I think I know whats wrong:

Try to go to "email protection" -> "smtp" -> "data protection". The policy should say "blackhole" right now.

Simply change it to "encrypt with spx" and there you go!

Regards,

Ole

• Thank you, Ole... that did indeed change the message.  It now says that it has been encrypted, but when I view the log, I see "SPX Failure (password_not_presented)."

I'm able to get it to work with One-Time Password but "Specified by recipient" fails with the above message.  Also, if I to use the reply portal; what do I need to do use for my hostname?  I have listen as my WAN, default port and allowed networks ANY.

Thanks. 

• Thank you, Ole... that did indeed change the message.  It now says that it has been encrypted, but when I view the log, I see "SPX Failure (password_not_presented)."

I'm able to get it to work with One-Time Password but "Specified by recipient" fails with the above message.  Also, if I to use the reply portal; what do I need to do use for my hostname?  I have listen as my WAN, default port and allowed networks ANY.

Thanks. 

Children