This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

POP3 blacklist - avoiding the spam detected/blacklisted UTM Blocked notification email

Hi Gents,

Let me apologize if this sounds like a stupid question beforehand.
I'm getting tons of mails from one domain. Sadly I've willfully given them my email contact, but that's another topics.

So I've setup a blacklist entry in my Email Protection >> POP3 >> Anti-Spam >> Sender Blacklist.
This works fine. Although i'm still getting an "E-Mail blocked Block Harmful Malware" notification from the UTM itself.

Is there a way to disable these messages concerning my manually entered Blacklisting entries?

Thanks,
-m-

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Mokaz,

There's currently no way to disable "email blocked" messages for just your manually entered Blacklist entries. You could certainly submit a feature request for this here.

Currently, the only option we have for POP3 to reduce "email blocked" messages is to enable Prefetch mode under Advanced tab. In this mode, the system will prefetch and scan messages from servers listed, so that your inbox won’t get overcrowded with spam-notifications. 

This mode does not differentiate between SPAM or Blacklisted senders.

Cheers,
    Karlos

Karlos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.
  • Hi Mokaz,

There's currently no way to disable "email blocked" messages for just your manually entered Blacklist entries. You could certainly submit a feature request for this here.

Currently, the only option we have for POP3 to reduce "email blocked" messages is to enable Prefetch mode under Advanced tab. In this mode, the system will prefetch and scan messages from servers listed, so that your inbox won’t get overcrowded with spam-notifications. 

This mode does not differentiate between SPAM or Blacklisted senders.

Cheers,
    Karlos

Karlos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.
Children
No Data