This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Content Control List Rules

Quick question, why are the rules set to a quanity of 10?  I would like to trigger an alert for a quanity less than that amount.

Thank,

Kevin

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Kevin, I think that no one has answered your question because we don't understand what rules are limited to 10 and why this relates to RED.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Sorry, just saw your reply. I just updated Sopho's UTM 9 so maybe it changed from 10 to 5. Regardless, SSN has a quantity of 5 under the HIPPA CCL. Seems like this rule would allow up to 4 SSN's to be released via email. Was just wondering why 5 in this case was the "magic number"?

Kevin

• Ah, your talking about Data Protection under SMTP. I don't know thy these quantities are chosen the way they are, imho it should be able to have it trigger on just 1 and not 5 (or more).

In  our situation we have configured this in our endpoint software where we can choose quantity ourselves.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• Ah, your talking about Data Protection under SMTP. I don't know thy these quantities are chosen the way they are, imho it should be able to have it trigger on just 1 and not 5 (or more).

In  our situation we have configured this in our endpoint software where we can choose quantity ourselves.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

Children
No Data