This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM Mail Manager: Text and Link problem in downloaded Emails

Hi all,

I am experiencing a problem with downloaded Emails from UTM Mail Manager (SG230): the content seems to be wrong coded

e.g. the word "Newsletter" gets "Newslet=er" ,

HTML-Mails get reformatted to half HTML-Code and half readable content.

Links are also affected: some letters in the link are replaced with = oder ? or whatever so it gets invalid

When the Email is released to the mailbox, everything is OK.

Can anybody help me?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I believe that in the SMTP source message an "=" is used at the end of a physical line to indicate that the line break should be ignored.

I don't recommend downloading messages from the quarantine.   The text viewer should give you all the information that you need, without the risk of opening the formmated version.

• well I don't think it is kind of a line feed/carriage return because it is in the middle of a word.

---

• What you think does not matter.   These files are formatted for Outlook and other "Mail User Agents" (MUA), not for human readability.   If you want to know why they look funny, you will have to read the RFCs for SMTP, MIME, and S/MIME, and the specification for .EML file format.   If you want the file to look normal, open it in your MUA, not in a text editor.   

But you never explained what need you were trying to address by downloading message instead of reviewing them in the secure text viewer.

• What you think does not matter.   These files are formatted for Outlook and other "Mail User Agents" (MUA), not for human readability.   If you want to know why they look funny, you will have to read the RFCs for SMTP, MIME, and S/MIME, and the specification for .EML file format.   If you want the file to look normal, open it in your MUA, not in a text editor.   

But you never explained what need you were trying to address by downloading message instead of reviewing them in the secure text viewer.

Children
No Data