This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SPX Registration Page 404 can't be found

Without warning, the registration page for new users or password changes can't be found.  The security/certificate warning page does appear (another issue I am struggling to overcome), but after proceeding to the site, the "404 The requested URL was not found on the server".  I have been working with certificates, but there have been no changes to the system.  The URL should be https://50.205.27.126:10444

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • hi, 

just to add to it there is no certificate error at all when you use the correct fqdn for which the certificate is issued for  (which i got by inspecting your certificate), still page not found however.

However what page should be there i am wondering because that's normal if you just hit that port with nothing. You will need to send an encrypted email to someone they then will have a reply button which will route to the spx portal which will work (if configured correctly).

as mentioned : 

///The SPX portal is a web interface where recipients of SPX email can securely respond to the sender. Specify the interface and port on which the reply portal should listen.//

which means when they click on the reply button in the spx encrypted ermail they got.

see here for more info https://community.sophos.com/kb/de-de/120331 and sample of reply button

make sure you use a hostname in the portal hostname config (ie utm.baptisthomes.org matching your cert)

I am assuming you have issues with the spx portal on the UTM ( as 10444 is the spx portal but i myself however have never seen the registration page, which according to docs doesnt exist, you talk about on the utm as far i know the spx portal on the utm only functions when a user switches to reply to a secure spx email, password resetting can only be done through webadmin it was a feature request that is not implemented) 

the standalone appliance does have most of this functionality the utm did not implement it so carefull which docs you check. (just assuming here)

• hi, 

just to add to it there is no certificate error at all when you use the correct fqdn for which the certificate is issued for  (which i got by inspecting your certificate), still page not found however.

However what page should be there i am wondering because that's normal if you just hit that port with nothing. You will need to send an encrypted email to someone they then will have a reply button which will route to the spx portal which will work (if configured correctly).

as mentioned : 

///The SPX portal is a web interface where recipients of SPX email can securely respond to the sender. Specify the interface and port on which the reply portal should listen.//

which means when they click on the reply button in the spx encrypted ermail they got.

see here for more info https://community.sophos.com/kb/de-de/120331 and sample of reply button

make sure you use a hostname in the portal hostname config (ie utm.baptisthomes.org matching your cert)

I am assuming you have issues with the spx portal on the UTM ( as 10444 is the spx portal but i myself however have never seen the registration page, which according to docs doesnt exist, you talk about on the utm as far i know the spx portal on the utm only functions when a user switches to reply to a secure spx email, password resetting can only be done through webadmin it was a feature request that is not implemented) 

the standalone appliance does have most of this functionality the utm did not implement it so carefull which docs you check. (just assuming here)

Children
No Data