This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Failed receive emails from specified domain

Hello,

We are running Sophos UTM - Firmware version: 9.406-3

We receive emails without problems except one domain.

Sender receive error - 400+451 Temporary local problem - please try later 

On sophos logs:

2016:10:25-15:10:15 mail exim-in[26422]: 2016-10-25 15:10:15 H=(XXXX.XX.XX) [X.X.X.X]:58351 F=<user@domain.com> temporarily rejected RCPT <user@mydomain.com>: failed to expand ACL string "${lookup dnsdb{ptr=$sender_host_address}{0}{1}}": lookup of "ptr=X.X.X.X" gave DEFER: 
2016:10:25-15:10:15 mail exim-in[26422]: 2016-10-25 15:10:15 SMTP connection from (domain.com) [X.X.X.X]:58351 closed by QUIT

Any HELP Please.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Yivgeny,

It looks like your UTM was unable to do a reverse lookup to the domain, what's your DNS configuration?

Emile

• Emile, maybe he just needs to create an exception to Greylisting for that domain - I'm guessing their mail server is failing to retry.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi BAlfson,

Could be, Greylisting is an interesting beast, I always advise customers to switch it on during slow times so that the dramatic decrease in email deliverability till the local lists are built.

An exception to Greylisting would be a good start, I agree. Just to confirm for my future knowledge, is that error code symbolic of Greylisting issues?

Emile

• The standard line I would expect in the SMTP log would end with temporarily rejected after DATA: Temporary local problem, please try again! 

I just found an old post of mine from almost four years ago where I suggested turning off 'Strict rDNS'.  Since that solved the problem, maybe the Exception needs to be for rDNS for the sending IP for the domain involved.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I had exactly same problem as Bob and fixed in the same way...