This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Since V 9.407-3 emails with same to-recipient and cc-recipient will stuck in mail manager in SMTP Corrupt.

Since V 9.407-3 emails with same to-recipient  and cc-recipient will stuck in mail manager in SMTP Corrupt.

Why does the mail stuck and will at least not be sent to the recipient once?

Markus

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • There is also one other issue that has not been mentioned or I have not seen.

If an email address is repeated it will also "get stuck" in the smtp corrupt.

I have an application that will combine email addresses from different accounts when sending an email

So if an address exists in the TO: CC: more than once, it will screw up the "count"

• It's a new perspective on this matter but yes, still the same, two or more adresses that are the same in the same mail is screwing the counters up :-O

-----

Best regards
    Martin

Sophos XGS 2100 @ Home | Sophos v20 Architect

• hm,

have tested this with my company... no problems... no mails in smtp-corrupt.. but only get the mail once.. (to and cc filled with my email-adress..)..

greets

zaphod

Home: Zotac CI321 (8GB RAM / 120GB SSD)  with latest Sophos UTM
    Work: 2 SG430 Cluster / many other models like SG105/SG115/SG135/SG135w/...

• hm,

have tested this with my company... no problems... no mails in smtp-corrupt.. but only get the mail once.. (to and cc filled with my email-adress..)..

greets

zaphod

Home: Zotac CI321 (8GB RAM / 120GB SSD)  with latest Sophos UTM
    Work: 2 SG430 Cluster / many other models like SG105/SG115/SG135/SG135w/...

Children
  • I don't think it happens with all mail servers and clients.  If you put the latest patches on your mail server, you might want to keep an eye on this.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Running Exchange 2016 Cu3 at home, have no problems either, but if I use a SMTP test tool, aka. 3-party mailer (CRM/HR/ERP), things get stuck :-)

It's how the thing are delivered, Exchange handles duplicate emails in another way, and yes, I have Exchange sending the mails through my UTM :-)

Try this:

https://www.virtualobjectives.com.au/utilitiesprogs/sendsmtp.htm

Then write the same address in TO and CC and watch the "magic" :-)

-----

Best regards
    Martin

• zaphod said:

hm,

Same here, I think it's supposed to work that way, at least it did also like this with 9.404, Exchange "consolidates" the messages when receipient is the same :-)

-----

Best regards
    Martin