This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SPF Check not working

Sorry my english is not the best.

We have setup an SPF-Record for our Domain. SPF-Record Checker reports everything is ok.

SPF-Check is activated on UTM. If we get a mail from "copy@mydomain.com" to copy@mydomain.com from an not in SPF registered IP and this mail contains an attachemen, the mail will pass and gets delivered. In this case an docm-file with Locky was delivered to user.

We have no sandboxing-licence, but i think SPF-Check didnt work in this case or did i make a mistake ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Old thread, but I am wondering if we might have had the same issue. In our case, we had internal DNS forwarders and internal lookup zones for our domains, but no internal TXT record for SPF, only published SPF record, externally. So, when the UTM tried to look for SPF record internally(due to internal DNS forwarders, it found the zone, but there weren't any SPF record and SPF check wasn't not preformed. As we didn't want to create additional TXT records for all of our domains, internally, we just changed DNS forwarders to externally. Problem solved.

• Old thread, but I am wondering if we might have had the same issue. In our case, we had internal DNS forwarders and internal lookup zones for our domains, but no internal TXT record for SPF, only published SPF record, externally. So, when the UTM tried to look for SPF record internally(due to internal DNS forwarders, it found the zone, but there weren't any SPF record and SPF check wasn't not preformed. As we didn't want to create additional TXT records for all of our domains, internally, we just changed DNS forwarders to externally. Problem solved.

Children
No Data