This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

False Positive

So what exactly happens when you use the "Release and report false positive" option in Mail Manager?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Has this ever been answered?

I'm interested too, wondering if the UTM is learning or wheather it is only reported back to Sophos?

SFVH (SFOS 20.0.0 GA-Build222) - Last (re)boot on November 6th  2023
    Asus H410i-plus - Pentium 6605 Gold - 250GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD - 8GB - 3 ports
    [If any of my posts are helpful to you please use the 'Verify Answer' link]
  • I think this is a different question, Doug.  This has to do with anti-spam, in particular with ctasd (the CommTouch anti spam daemon).  For every incoming email, ctasd calculates a RefID like:

RefID:str=0001.0A02020E.5CCF3583.000E,ss=1,re=0.000,recu=0.000,reip=0.000,cl=1,cld=1,fgs=0

This is sent to a cloud server at CYREN (formerly CommTouch) that then compares the RefID to its database of RefIDs of known spams and responds with 'Confirmed' (an almost-perfect match with one), 'Bulk' (a close match), 'Suspect' or 'Unknown'.  Bulk is qualified as Spam.  Unknown and Suspect are delivered.

When one reports it as a false positive, this is relayed to CYREN.  I don't know the details of how they use that to automatically update their database.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thank you for elaborating on this Bob.

• Thank you for elaborating on this Bob.

Children
No Data