This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Malware passes POP3 proxy

pop3: mail with zip attachment containing malware passes through pop3 proxy.
... but malware-scan is activated.
Sophos Home AV (file-based scanner on the PC) detects the virus when the zip file is copied to the desktop.

pop3 proxy uses prefetch-mode.

some ideas ...?

Thanks,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Dirk,

Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community.

Are you using Single Scan or Dual Scan? 

Would it be possible for you to open a support case and send the Original email that contained the Malware so we can submit to Labs to analyze. Once you have done this please send me via PM the Case ID. When opening the case please send screenshots of the Advanced tab  and Malware tab for POP3.

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • Hi thanks for the answer,

Dual-scan is activated.

I've seen the problem within home-lab.
    But we are sophos partner. I would open the case from company account with reference to this lab account.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Hi thanks for the answer,

Dual-scan is activated.

I've seen the problem within home-lab.
    But we are sophos partner. I would open the case from company account with reference to this lab account.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

Children
No Data