This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Email Protection - Full data disk - how to solve problem?

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Yesterday I startet to use Email Protection.

After some hours data disk went almost full, but I've still not added all mailaccounts.

We leave Mails at mailprovider for half year and all together we have about 25 mailaccounts.

DataDisk Partition ist totally 19GB, before start using email protection just 2GB was used.

Now, after scanning around 10.000 mails, data disk is already 60% full and there are still accounts with about 15.000 mails to add.

var/storage/chroot-pop3/var/spool/0 filles up 8GB right now

var/storage/cores filles up 1GB

Can I just clear this folder "var/storage/chroot-pop3/var/spool/0" to continue or what else can I do?

Greetings,

Joe

Sophos SG125 with UTM

Tobit David Mailserver 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi  

You may clear older files from var/storage/cores as these files are coredumps of the error UTM encountered in past. Unless you have an active support case investigating something with coredumps, you should be deleting all files and that should free up some space.

Have you used Prefetch mode? The option is under Email Protection > POP3 > Advanced | POP3 Servers and Prefetch Settings and it will then download all the Emails from the POP3 server and stores it on the UTM. So if you want your setup to work like this, I would advise against deleting anything in /var/spool directory.

Note: Please move this post to UTM Firewall thread for better visibility. Or subscribe to that group and I'll move this post there.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Thanks for reply on christmas...

Yes, I used Prefetch mode...

So either I do have enough space for all mails, or I can't use prefetch, right?

I subscribed to the other group as you advised, so please move the post.

Thank you.

Sophos UTM SG 125

Tobit David Mailserver

• Hi  

You're right. You will need to have enough space for all the mails.

Note: Moved the post to the correct group.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Hallo,

What size is your hard drive?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

size is 64 GB....

Greetings,

Joe

Sophos UTM SG 125

Tobit David Mailserver

• I haven't configured POP3 in the last few years, Joe, so I hope others with more-recent experience will chime in if I've misremembered something.

The SG 125 is not meant to handle the volume of emails that you are prefetching.  Before you configure any other users for prefetch, have the existing users connect so that their emails are downloaded to their devices and deleted from the cache in the UTM.  They will also want to use the 'POP3 Quarantine' tab in the User Portal to delete or release the emails in their quarantine.  Did that help?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA