This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does "Quarantine Unscannable and Encrypted" Apply To The Whole Message?

Hello,

We utilize Zix inside of Outlook for our email encryption. When we receive messages through Zix, the entire message is encrypted until we enter a passphrase via an Outlook plugin. Does the setting in the SMTP/Malware section that quarantines unscannable content also apply to messages, or just attachments?

Thanks!

Dave

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I'd hope that they would have some sort of exception setting rather than all or nothing. We use egress and encrypted mail/attachments come from certain fixed sources eg from our on site egress server outgoing and from a specific egress server incoming.

Quarnatine unscannable and encrypted will break this for us so it's not an option to turn on unless we can make exceptions ie don't scan/block unscannable/encrypted mail coming/going to these IP's etc

• Sometimes the emails contain attachments. But, it's not the attachment by itself that's encrypted; it's the attachment within an entire message that is encrypted. Do you think that makes a difference?

In an email I received this morning from Sophos, the next firmware update will enable this feature by default. It does appear that you can set exceptions for malware scanning based on the IP address or to/from email address/domain. I'm just trying to determine if I need to do anything.

• Hey Dave,

I got that email too. You could try that already now if you enable that option. They only change the default behavior. If it does not fit your needs, just turn it off.

But you are right, this is only my assumption based on the information from this email. So in your case I think you may need to turn the option off.

Best regards 

Alex 

-

• Hey Dave,

I got that email too. You could try that already now if you enable that option. They only change the default behavior. If it does not fit your needs, just turn it off.

But you are right, this is only my assumption based on the information from this email. So in your case I think you may need to turn the option off.

Best regards 

Alex 

-

Children
No Data