This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

One console for several PureMessage installs

Hello.

I installed PureMessage on three Exchange servers and all seems fine except Anti-Spam ("Failed to create the spam engine"), but that feature is out of scope and disabled for now anyway.

The three servers are in three different countries and each has its own local PureMessage DB because I didn't want to cause extra traffic on the WAN side by letting them share one SQL instance.

But now I have the problem that each console seems to be independent, even if the PureMessage Server Group is the same: every console only contains the local install and not the other two. I do not see anywhere a possibility to add members to the PureMessage Server Group or something similar.

Am I missing something or is this because you need to share a DB for the Server Group to function?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

EDIT

OK, I found out from a manual that a shared DB is indeed necessary. Is there an easy way to point two of my PureMessages to the DB of the third or do I need to reinstall the product?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi J.,

This is the Mail Protection forum for the UTM.  You will want to post future questions about PureMessage in the PureMessage forum.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi J.,

This is the Mail Protection forum for the UTM.  You will want to post future questions about PureMessage in the PureMessage forum.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data