This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exception(s) for "Quarantine unscannable and encrypted Content"

I also asked this question in the "German Forum":
https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f/german-forum/114421/ausnahme-n-fur-quarantine-unscannable-and-encrypted-content/411223

Hello!

So far I have the above setting active.

Due to the GDPR, more and more encrypted ZIP archives are arriving here (I guess with data that has been sent unencrypted so far).
All these mails end up in quarantine and can't be released by the users themselves (actually, that's the way it should be). This leads to the fact that as an admin I spend more and more time releasing mails.

Since I don't want to disable this function completely, I'd like to ask you this question:
Is it possible to set exceptions for certain senders and/or certain recipients?
How do you handle this in your environments (assuming I'm not the only one with this problem)?

Thank you in advance!

TJ

P.S.:
What I have learned so far is, that I can make an exception (e.g. for a special Sender or a special Sender-Domian, when I disable the WHOLE Malware-Scan for that Sender / Sender-Domain, but that´s actually too much I think. I just want to allow the Receiving of encrypted Archives...

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello TJ,

I've checked the other post. As Douglas mentioned there's a limitation with regards to how detailed exceptions you can create. You can whitelist Content-Types in MIME Type Filter under Email Protection > SMTP > Malware but that will be applied Globally for all the Senders and recipients. I'd personally not recommend that at all for your case.

The other way which you described is to create an exception to Skip Malware checking for certain senders OR recipients which is again not something useful when the number of recipients is high.

As of now, there are two feature requests, first is E-Mail Exception for encrypted attachments and the other is More detailed Mail Exception Configuration.

I will check with our teams internally and see if there are any other ways to do this. Please allow me some time for that.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Hello Jay!

I appreciate your efforts a lot, thank you very much!!

TJ

Reply Children
No Data