This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Port 25 Down with Mail Proxy?

Hello,

I tried to change my Mail settings away from a external SPAM Filter Service (Upstream) to let my UTM handle all by itself.

What I understand is, that the UTM is opening Port 25 as Proxy and is forwarding the mails to the internal Mailserver and I don't

have to set a Firewallrule for Port 25.

I got curious when a lot of mails didn't get through and got back the SMTP Error 4.4.1 and made a check (https://tools.dnsstuff.com/mstc)

that stated, that Port 25 is down?

Is there anything I am missing in the firewall configuration?

- Bernhard

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • More is always better.   If you have an upstream mail server, keep using it.   Then have it forward to UTM for a second look.   If a message passes both tests, then forward to your mail server.

The cost of keeping both spam filters in operation is probably money well spent.   The downside risk of a successful penetration is not worth trying to save a few pennies on the cost of spam filtering.    

• More is always better.   If you have an upstream mail server, keep using it.   Then have it forward to UTM for a second look.   If a message passes both tests, then forward to your mail server.

The cost of keeping both spam filters in operation is probably money well spent.   The downside risk of a successful penetration is not worth trying to save a few pennies on the cost of spam filtering.    

Children
No Data