This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Quarantine tab not visible in user portal?

I've got the SMTP proxy up and working.  The Mail Manager works fine as well.  I noticed that if I login to the User Portal, the Quarantine tab is missing.  Looking at Management => User Portal => Advanced, I can confirm I do NOT have SMTP Quarantine disable box checked.  In fact, I don't have ANY boxes checked.  If I go into the mail manager, I can see a message quarantined for me, yet no Mail Quarantine tab is visible.  I found a similar question involving radius (which I am using), but I disproved this as the root cause by creating a local user on the UTM, and logging in to the User Portal with that test user.  Still no Mail Quarantine tab.  I've checked and double-checked all the settings I can think of.  Am I missing something?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Okay, I think I figured out the problem.  I have radius as the backend, and had checked the box that said to auto-create users.  So when I logged in to the portal, and it created an entry for my username with the 'Backend sync' box checked.  But when I login to the portal, radius has no idea about email addresses, so that is left blank.  Without an email address, the Mail Quarantine tab is missing.  The annoying thing is that if you leave UTM set to automatically create users, it will never present the Mail Quarantine tab due to the above oddity.  So, I have to create the handful of users manually.  Not a big deal, but definitely counter-intuitive...

• Way to work it through though lol

Respectfully, 

Badrobot

• Is this RADIUS on a Microsoft box?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Switch from RADIUS to AD-SSO and the additional fields will be populated.  Just because you need to configure RADIUS for PPTP and/or L2TP/IPsec doesn't mean the users' accounts should be synced with that or that every UTM service should auth with RADIUS.  Let us know if the UTM automatically updates the current User objects when you make that change or if it was necessary to delete the existing objects - it shouldn't be.  It might be interesting to [Open the Prefetch Live Log] when doing the first [Prefetch Now] (at the bottom of the 'Advanced' tab in 'Authentication Services') and watch what's happening.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I'll give this a shot, thanks!