This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

User Email Quarantine - Why?

It is clear that User Quarantine gets a lot of use, because there have been plenty of questions on the subject, especially since there were https-related bugs in recent releases.  I don't understand why.

The big problem with email is that every recipient has the opportunity to act on a malicious email and potentially take down the entire organization.   WannaCry showed us just how serious this problem is.   Most users do not understand how to read email headers to assess whether a message is fraudulent or not, so once a spam filter flags a message as high risk, I want the allow/block decision to be made by a highly trained person.   Why would I delegate that decision back to the untrained user?

Does the quarantine report provide the information needed for a user to make a fully-informed decision, or does it simply present what Outlook or Webmail would show if the message had not been quarantined?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • There is always the fight between "Secure" and "Comfort". In all segments, not only IT. 

You want to be most likely secure? Having one Admin only reviewing the Quarantine of multiple products using multiple Spam filters and react to FP etc. 

You want most comfort as a admin? Give this job to the Enduser. 

This discussion is everywhere. NAC is a perfect example. On Paper, it is a nice solution to really keep everybody out except your Devices. Try to maintain this in a big environment. Saw couple of companies, in which i could use nearly every RJ45 Slot in the meeting room and literally nobody knew, what will happen. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• There is always the fight between "Secure" and "Comfort". In all segments, not only IT. 

You want to be most likely secure? Having one Admin only reviewing the Quarantine of multiple products using multiple Spam filters and react to FP etc. 

You want most comfort as a admin? Give this job to the Enduser. 

This discussion is everywhere. NAC is a perfect example. On Paper, it is a nice solution to really keep everybody out except your Devices. Try to maintain this in a big environment. Saw couple of companies, in which i could use nearly every RJ45 Slot in the meeting room and literally nobody knew, what will happen. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Children
No Data