This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible to email encrypt directly through the UTM 9 instead of having the mail redirected from the internet back to the utm?

I have a xg105 setup and doing encryption via the outlook plug in, works great. Now I have a sg210 and want to do an inline encryption (client includes keywords in body ie social security number etc.) where the client hits send and as long as the traffic flows through the UTM the encryption happens.

Support thinks I need to redirect the outside web hosts email back into the utm to do the encryption..

The client uses an online web/email host imap. No hosted email. There is NO mail server on premises, let alone an exchange server.

I would be happy with an outlook plug in as a last resort if the inline triggering doesn't work. 

The xg105 doesn't need this round robin it just works out of the box, can't the SG210 at least work the same way?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I'm confused by this thread.  There is zero difference in the functionality of UTM running on a 105 and a 210.  There is a radical difference between XG Firewall and UTM running on a 105 or a 210.

In any case, the Outlook plugin functions identically with both.  I believe that the encryption happens in the UTM/XG, not in the client, so that if outbound emails don't transit the Sophos device, they won't be encrypted.

Unless the email provider for your client can use the client's Sophos device as a smart host, I don't think you can solve the client's problem.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I'm confused by this thread.  There is zero difference in the functionality of UTM running on a 105 and a 210.  There is a radical difference between XG Firewall and UTM running on a 105 or a 210.

In any case, the Outlook plugin functions identically with both.  I believe that the encryption happens in the UTM/XG, not in the client, so that if outbound emails don't transit the Sophos device, they won't be encrypted.

Unless the email provider for your client can use the client's Sophos device as a smart host, I don't think you can solve the client's problem.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data