This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Automatic activation of SPX Outlook Add-In

Hi everybody,

we have introduced SPX encryption to a customer. The mails are currently encrypted with the Outlook add-in and a manual password.

The customer now wants the add-in to be automatically activated when an email is written.

Is there a way to realize that? Or even the possibility to encrypt the mails with a manually set password (subject line) without having to press the button of the add-in?

Thanks,

Amatrox

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo and welcome to the UTM Community!

I don't think that's possible.  It is possible to configure SPX in the UTM to encrypt an email based on a key word in the Subject field.  Have you considered those options instead of the Outlook add-in?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • BAlfson said:

I don't think that's possible.  It is possible to configure SPX in the UTM to encrypt an email based on a key word in the Subject field.  Have you considered those options instead of the Outlook add-in? 

Hi Bob,

yes, I have already tested this, but it is too costly for the customer to add an additional word for it in the subject, which the recipient then sees.

The only what the add-in does, is to set the value "X-Sophos-SPX-Encrypt" to "yes" in the email header (Improve me, if I have misunderstood this).

Thus, I've created a message flow rule in the exchange (In Exchange 2010 its transport rule) that scans the subject. If the subject contains "secure:" (for your own password), the value "X-Sophos-SPX-Encrypt" is set to "yes" in the header. This even has the advantage that you dont need an additional word for encryption and you can also send SPX-encrypted e-mails via OWA and Smartphone! And you can completely do it without the add-in [;)]

Cheers - André