This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Are SPX generated and stored passwords SPX-Template-specific?

Hello,

when using SPX Encryption on SG UTM with SMTP profile mode, it is possible to use different SPX templates with each SMTP Profile.

When using two SMTP Profiles with different SPX templates, both with password setting "generated and stored for recipient", what will happen, when a specific recipient gets adressed from both of those different SMTP profiles (and though from both of these two SPX templates)? Will the UTM generate Profile(i.e. Template)-specific passwords or will there be just one SPX password for this recipient?

Regards

Stefan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I think the way the SPX engine works is that it's handed an email and then checks the password setting for the SPX template.  If it finds an existing password for the recipient's email address, it uses that even if it was created as a result of an encryption for a different Profile/Template.

I haven't tested this, Stefan, so I'd be interested to hear what you experience.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA