This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[WARN-129] Spam Filter cannot query database servers

Hello,

I receive this warning on UTM 9:

Objet : [sg99999999_worldcie][WARN-129] Spam Filter cannot query database servers

The spam filter daemon is unable to reach the database servers via HTTP. Please make sure that the device is able to send HTTP (TCP port 80) requests to the Internet. You may have to allow such traffic on upstream devices.

Is there a global problem in sophos central anispam database?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • The email is a notification from the UTM - it's not a broadcast from Sophos.  Usually, the messages are triggered by a local problem in the area of the User.   In this case, I saw messages from clients' UTMs all around the USA and in Europe.  I guess it wouldn't have been a planned outage.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I understand the email came straight from the individual UTMs but that does not mean it can not link to a global status page that would indicate if the database servers were having issues of not. 

I also take issue with a few other things about this notice. Not sure if this is the best place. Maybe you can link me to a feature request area. 

1.) The UTMs do not email when they were able to connect again. This leaves us wondering if it is still an issue. 

2.) The email does not list what the database servers are called. If this was a issue that was not global it would have been a tricky one to troubleshoot. The more information in these emails the better. 

3.) It does not list an area, be it global or on the UTM, to check the current status. After the down email we were left in the dark.

• Ideas is what you want.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA