This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Scanning content zip Files

Hi,

Found several discussions about scanning the content of a archive (zip, rar, etc) but not a clear answer.

Is it possible in UTM9 to scan incoming zip files and don't block them all?

Kind regards,

Florian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Florian and welcome to the UTM Community!

Since V9.3, antivirus looks into archives, but cannot look into those that are encrypted.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

How do you enable this feature in UTM?

We just get an answer of your colluegae that it's not possible:

"You can not block an extension inside the compressed files. Either it will block all compressed files and you can allow MIME type based on whitelist or you can allow them all. The exact requirement of yours is not possible unfortunately."

• Sorry german interface but here you find the setting, related to the answer of Bob:

And maybe you talk of different things. Bob said Antivirus will look into archive files. I think you want to filter MIME type based. These are different things.

Best
    Alex

-

• Hi Alex,

Thanks!

What I want is a scan inside .zip files.

We have now a list blocked file extensions, including .zip.

I want to remove the .zip from the list but if somebody send a .exe in a .zip file that it will not go trough.

This is then the MIME type based setting? 

Best,

Florian

• I can't say this for sure but I think, these rules for the mime types don't work within zip archives. Just for unzipped files, which are attached to a message.

You are correct it would be nice to look into zip. Sorry for bad news.

Best

Alex

-

Reply Children
No Data