This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SPAM (confirmed) - Problems with Cyren Database or bad pattern?

Are there any problems with the cyren spam database at the moment or any bad pattern?

UTM 9.506 - Pattern 138738

I've got a customer and regular mails from @siemens.com, @samsung.com, @dyson.com are rejected as Spam (confirmed)!? Also the customer self is not able to send mails to me -> customer domain is also classified as Spam (confirmed) at our UTM.

I checked blacklists and cyren but no entry! A lot of false positives?!?

I had a similar problems last week with an other customer. A lot of trouble at the moment...

Anybody else can confirm?

regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, 

Did you verify the detection through online 3rd party tools like MXtoolbox to confirm if their IP's are blacklisted? Show us few log lines from the smtp.log that reflects the block as SPAM. Meanwhile, you can configure an exception policy to bypass Spam checks through the UTM.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Yes I did blacklist checks (also with mxtoolbox) and I also checked cyren. But no entries for the relevant IPs/Domains...

Problem is that customer rejects confirmed spam at SMTP time - So we switched that option to off at the moment.

Sophos support case is still open.

It seems with new pattern 138772 problem is solved - As far as I can say at the moment at least my customer can send mails without beeing blocked as SPAM (confirmed) now.

We'll also check the incoming mails now.

Maybe there was a bigger problem with the pattern 138736 and cyren DB was not the reason...

regards

• Yes I did blacklist checks (also with mxtoolbox) and I also checked cyren. But no entries for the relevant IPs/Domains...

Problem is that customer rejects confirmed spam at SMTP time - So we switched that option to off at the moment.

Sophos support case is still open.

It seems with new pattern 138772 problem is solved - As far as I can say at the moment at least my customer can send mails without beeing blocked as SPAM (confirmed) now.

We'll also check the incoming mails now.

Maybe there was a bigger problem with the pattern 138736 and cyren DB was not the reason...

regards

Children
No Data