This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SMTP Routing recipient verification against AD/LDAP - no Server available

Sophos UTM: SG430 (9.506-2)

I want to enable in the SMTP Routing tab the recipient verification against the Active Directory.

But the big problem is, if I choose Active Directory I can't choose a server from the given dropdown list.

Even though I created several entries:

• SSL Enabled/Disabled
  • Various AD Service Accounts
  • With/Without Base DN given
  • HA Group  
  • Single host

Final result: A dropdown with the option "None"

How do you manage the recipient verification, do you use the AntiSpam Agent on Exchange via the Edge Transport role?
Main problem is, our appliance is mostly on 100% CPU load because of the SMTPD service works on bounced emails.

Thanks in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

This is a known bug and the fix will be released in v9.5 MR6 (9.508). The bug ID associated with this issue is NUTM-9337.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi,

I have exect the same Problem on customer site, and it seems with this bug it is impossible to change exiting SMTP-profiles with AD recipient verification check is enabled.

Changed profile will not be saved.

Is there a workaround for this bug, or is there a possibility to change this profile at command line (I have to delete a domain entry)?

regards,

Thomas

• Hi Thomas,

What happens if you set recipient verification to "Off" first, change/save a Profile and then change back to AD?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Thomas,

What happens if you set recipient verification to "Off" first, change/save a Profile and then change back to AD?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data