This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Proposal: Implement Proxy functionality for iview2 - can´t activate iView!!!!

Hi,

I´ve ran into a problem, as I wanted to prepare an iview2 evaluation for one of our customers. In this scenario, theres no direct internet connection available! As far as i figured out, there is no possibility to activate and uses iView2. That´s a pitty and why isn´t a proxy feature included?

Is there a way to make iview2 use a proxy with the CLI ?

Best Regards

Sebastian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi

we used a VM with Sophos utm 9.4x for this purpose, in the same network segment. Define the default gateway of the iview2 server towards the Sophos proxy and allow the iview2 to use the proxy in transparent mode.

grtx

Andre

• Hi Andre,

yes, that´s one possible solution. But I think there will be situations, where you don´t have this possibility and so it would be much better to implement proxy functionality or some kind of manual licensing option for such cases.

Best Regards

Sebastian

• Hi Sebastian,

I totally agree that Iview should support proxy functionality, in fact iview1 supported this also. My solution is just implemented as a workaround.

grtx

Andre

• I've done it this way:

On your super UTM box you're able to setup more than one Web Protection proxies, with different set of settings.
    I've set the iView proxy with no auth and transparent mode thus having only the iView box in the allowed networks..

• I've done it this way:

On your super UTM box you're able to setup more than one Web Protection proxies, with different set of settings.
    I've set the iView proxy with no auth and transparent mode thus having only the iView box in the allowed networks..

Children
No Data