This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUM and iView sizing

Hi,

We just finished deploying 12 SG135 and a SG430 Failover Cluster, and now I´m looking for a sizing guide for the depolying of SUM and iView VMs. 

The SG135 manage firewalling IPS and VPN for +- 70 Thin clients, and some websurfing done by mobile devices (not IPS checked) 2x VPN ipsec. No fancy stuff.

The SG430s on the other side are running almost all the features. IPS/IDS, VPN to the SH 135, roadwarrior access and Web protection on a 1gbit connection.

Any advice on the HD size and CPU power needed for SUM and iView?

Thank you

Luis

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Luis and welcome to the UTM Community!

This really isn't a good place to get what is the equivalent of pre-sales information - we're all about solving technical issues.

If you're a Sophos Partner, you should be able to get this information from you Sophos rep.  If you're an end user, your Sophos reseller Partner should be able to make recommendations.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob, Thank you for your reply. Idid not mean to disrupt the purpose of the Forum. Yes I am an end user. The company that sold us the Firewall has not proven reliable in any way. I was just looking for user experience ind Environments that could compare in size to ours. We are looking for another company that can help us with Support and other minor problems.

Thank you for the help 

Luis

• It's no disruption, Luis!  As a mod, I see the IP from which members post.  Yours indicates you are in Germany.  I'm sure that Sophos Sales can connect you to a Sophos Partner that better fits your needs.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA