This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What licenses are needed on SG135 for basic firewall and web proxy

Hello all,

We have a spare SG135 in our inventory as a backup appliance so that we can do an immediate swap if any production appliances fail. Rather than leaving it sit on a shelf we'd like to purchase minimal licenses that will provide stateful firewall, simple routing, DHCP, and web proxy.

I know we need the 'web protection' license so no issue there.

I'm not sure if we need a 'base' license or if that is free with the appliance.

I don't think we need 'network protection' license yet our local vendor thinks we do.

Please confirm what we need. 'Web protection' license + what?

Thank you.

Rgds...Dean

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Dean and welcome to the UTM Community!

Rather than leave it on the shelf, I would consider putting it into Hot-Standby with the most-mission-critical SG 135.  If you have an additional need, you might consider an SG 115 with a 36-month Web Protection subscription.  That only costs about 10% more than the same subscription for the SG 135.  A smaller XG solution would be even less.

Cheers - Bob 

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Dean and welcome to the UTM Community!

Rather than leave it on the shelf, I would consider putting it into Hot-Standby with the most-mission-critical SG 135.  If you have an additional need, you might consider an SG 115 with a 36-month Web Protection subscription.  That only costs about 10% more than the same subscription for the SG 135.  A smaller XG solution would be even less.

Cheers - Bob 

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data