This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

10 GbE SFP+ FleXi Port module for SG430

Hi folks,

I am considering purchasing a 4-port 10 GbE SFP+ FleXi Port module for the Sophos SG430 UTM. Will this be overkill considering that the firewall throughput on the SG430 is 28000Mbps?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I have one for sale.

I have decided to liquidate all problematic Sophos XG solution on EBay.

It is not overkill if you have internal subnets that have to communicate with each other.

My part number is SGIZTCHF4 SGMOD4F1PUR

PJR

• I have one for sale.

I have decided to liquidate all problematic Sophos XG solution on EBay.

It is not overkill if you have internal subnets that have to communicate with each other.

My part number is SGIZTCHF4 SGMOD4F1PUR

PJR

Children
  • Thanks. Decided to not purchase SFP+ modules because we will be upgrading both UTMs later this year. The SG430 REV2 comes standard with 2 x SFP+ ports.

• SG will have IKEv2 later this fall. Go figure why it was not implemented years ago.  At that point XG becomes irrelevant for most of us.  XG is slowly morphing into a failure.  What is scary, is that in the features coming in SG, you have "improvement to VPN".  Just hope Sophos do not have in mind to implement StrongSwan VPN garbage into SG.

• I'm confused by your comment, BB.  UTM has used StrongSWAN for as long as we've been working with it.  My complaint was that it was still using pluto instead of charon.  If you're right about IKEv2 coming to IPsec in the UTM, then that must mean they got enough confidence with charon in the XG development to upgrade to it in the UTM.  That's great news!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • You're right ...

I should have written "Sophos might have the idea to put the exact same VPN technology/version into SG as what there is in XG".

I am beginning to share the opinion of many it would be better for Sophos to scrap XG altogether and put back all effort on developing UTM/SG.

• +1 we recently added a "nextgen" firewall recently to use together with our SG, not sure which direction it will go but with the current status of development we might decrease future investment and only use working functions of the SG UTM series.

---

Sophos UTM 9.3 Certified Engineer