This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Post install connectivity issues

We created VMs in our environment, using our internal IP space, and loaded the Sophos ISO.

We could not reach the web installation GUI on these servers until we logged into the console and manually added our default gateway address.

That then allowed us Web Gui access, where we completed the installation.

However, at the end of the Sophos UTM installation, our access to the web GUI was broken again.  Logging into the console the Installation had removed our gateway setting, and even trying to manually add the gateway back in did not restore the web GUI connection.

It seems that the installation creates its own routing/rules after installation that breaks our connection.

How do you let Sophos UTM know to utilize the default gateway assigned to our internal IP?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Ken, and welcome to the UTM Community!

I'm not following your explanation. Perhaps a screen cap or two or a diagram would help visualize which default gateway where.  The only default gateway on the UTM should be on the External interface.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Bob, 

I meant to update this ticket.  We figured out where we were going wrong.  I was accessing the management IP from a different subnet so it didn't have a way back home to me.  I added in a static route for that access and yes, used the external IP for the default gateway.  Appreciate the response.  Thanks