This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to compare & buy licenses to be applied to a UTM 9 "Home" (currently free license)

I dug around for a while on this. it's mind blowing how hard it is to get a straight answer.

If I installed UTM 9 to my own hardware (presumably this means I have the "Home" version) and then installed the free license, what are my license-upgrade options?

The first thing I really want is Up2Date to be automatic. From there, I might consider other options, depending upon price.

Please don't tell me I don't have to talk to a CDW representative over the phone to figure this out.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

you have installed the business limited licence. You need to create your own home user licence on your portal portal page.

You should be able to access your portal page from your forum userid.

I am surprised you did not receive a home user licence when you filled in the application for the software download.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Thanks for the reply.

Hmm.. you're right. I seem to have two licenses actually. I loaded the other one, which gives me a ton more features, but expires in a year and a half. What happens then?

• If it is a home user licence, you log into the user portal, delete it and create a new one. Home user licences are not renewable.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.