This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

us1.utm2d.sophos.com not working

Hello,

While looking for the patch for the recent wpa2 Krack Attack I noticed that was was well behind on my firmware updates. (9.311). Manually checking for packages did not download anything. I called in a support ticket and the tech remoted in and could not download either, so we downloaded through the ftp site and I am now looking at a list of 45 updates to apply.

I cannot access, ping, or traceroute to where we're supposed to get our downloads (us1.utm2d.sophos.com) from any computer, on any network, in any location.  Different ISPs, DNS servers, etc yield the same result. Is the link dead, but no one at Sophos believes us when we tell them (tech said it worked for him).

Anyone else have this problem? Or am I just that lucky?

Thanks,

Jeff

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Again,

Sohos support was baffled too. We were able to download the updates from the FTP site and install them manually.

Caution: not all updates pertain to all UTMs. So check your current version# and upload only those that start with your's and go to a higher one. The "from" "to" is indicated in the filename. Also, only do a few at a time (three or four) because if the root partition is too full they won't be applied.

This last note seems to have been the crux of my problem. I had U2D set to Manual and didn't pay attention, eventually so many updates were out there it knew it couldn't apply them all to it just choked. Once I manually put most of them in place, U2D started working again (on automatic).

Thanks,

Jeff

• Hi Again,

Sohos support was baffled too. We were able to download the updates from the FTP site and install them manually.

Caution: not all updates pertain to all UTMs. So check your current version# and upload only those that start with your's and go to a higher one. The "from" "to" is indicated in the filename. Also, only do a few at a time (three or four) because if the root partition is too full they won't be applied.

This last note seems to have been the crux of my problem. I had U2D set to Manual and didn't pay attention, eventually so many updates were out there it knew it couldn't apply them all to it just choked. Once I manually put most of them in place, U2D started working again (on automatic).

Thanks,

Jeff

Children
No Data