This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

us1.utm2d.sophos.com not working

Hello,

While looking for the patch for the recent wpa2 Krack Attack I noticed that was was well behind on my firmware updates. (9.311). Manually checking for packages did not download anything. I called in a support ticket and the tech remoted in and could not download either, so we downloaded through the ftp site and I am now looking at a list of 45 updates to apply.

I cannot access, ping, or traceroute to where we're supposed to get our downloads (us1.utm2d.sophos.com) from any computer, on any network, in any location.  Different ISPs, DNS servers, etc yield the same result. Is the link dead, but no one at Sophos believes us when we tell them (tech said it worked for him).

Anyone else have this problem? Or am I just that lucky?

Thanks,

Jeff

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Jeff,

Have you tried pinging from the UTM itself?

Tested from our UTM to us1 and us2 and pings were successful.

Karlos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.
  • Are you able to ping the IP address from your UTM?

In terms of your 45 pending updates, do they show up on your WebAdmin as available updates? If not, from the CLI you can run the following command to show the available updates:

auisys.plx -showdesc

How did the tech download the updates from the ftp site? Manually via the GUI or the Shell? Or for convenience, you could provide your case number so I can look into the details of what was done by the case owner.

Thanks,

Karlos

Karlos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.
  • Hi Karlos,

Case #7646611.

He did try downloading them via the shell but they did not download. Again, the ftp site works but all attempts, regardless of gateway or dns server I'm using, report that us1.utm2d.sophos.com simply does not exist.

We logged in from the link on the UTM Admin screen ftp://ftp.astaro.com/pub/

I'm on a Mac so it opened the Finder, I logged in as a guest, and we navigated to /UTM/v9/up2date/

From there I downloaded the *.gpg files to my computer and added a few to the utm. He said they should be installed in order, and not to run too many at a time as it might fill up storage or memory. I was going to do the attached this evening and, if that went well, run the rest over the weekend.

Thanks so much for looking into it!

Jeff

• Hi Karlos,

Case #7646611.

He did try downloading them via the shell but they did not download. Again, the ftp site works but all attempts, regardless of gateway or dns server I'm using, report that us1.utm2d.sophos.com simply does not exist.

We logged in from the link on the UTM Admin screen ftp://ftp.astaro.com/pub/

I'm on a Mac so it opened the Finder, I logged in as a guest, and we navigated to /UTM/v9/up2date/

From there I downloaded the *.gpg files to my computer and added a few to the utm. He said they should be installed in order, and not to run too many at a time as it might fill up storage or memory. I was going to do the attached this evening and, if that went well, run the rest over the weekend.

Thanks so much for looking into it!

Jeff

Children
  • Just a couple command line tricks:

See what Up2Date servers are available:

grep fallbackservers /etc/up2date/up2date.conf

Force a pattern update, if available, from the server in Europe:

/sbin/audld.plx --nosys --server eu1.utmu2d.sophos.com:443

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

Thank you for that. listing the fallbackservers showed that the domain it pulls from is us1.utmu2d.sophos.com, not us1.utm2d.sophos.com. Pinging us1.utmu2d.sophos.com works.

Though now I'm back where I started. My SG230 is not downloading any firmware updates. I'm wary of installing these manually if they're not supposed to be for my system. 

When I try to manually check for updates here's what gets logged:

2017:10:19-12:07:21 kingarch audld[21132]: no HA system or cluster node
    2017:10:19-12:07:21 kingarch audld[21132]: Starting Up2Date Package Downloader
    2017:10:19-12:07:22 kingarch audld[21132]: patch up2date possible
    2017:10:19-12:07:40 kingarch audld[21132]: id="3701" severity="info" sys="system" sub="up2date" name="Authentication successful"
    2017:10:19-12:07:40 kingarch audld[21132]: Deleted lingering download files:
    2017:10:19-12:07:50 kingarch audld[21132]: id="3707" severity="info" sys="system" sub="up2date" name="Successfully synchronized fileset" status="success" action="download" package="avira3"
    2017:10:19-12:07:50 kingarch audld[21132]: Deleted lingering download files:
    2017:10:19-12:07:51 kingarch audld[21132]: id="3707" severity="info" sys="system" sub="up2date" name="Successfully synchronized fileset" status="success" action="download" package="savi"
    2017:10:19-12:07:51 kingarch audld[21132]: Deleted lingering download files:
    2017:10:19-12:07:53 kingarch audld[21132]: id="3707" severity="info" sys="system" sub="up2date" name="Successfully synchronized fileset" status="success" action="download" package="aptp"

Thanks,

Jeff
  • If you apply those Up2Dates and it still won't download newer ones, insist that Support escalate your case if they can't resolve the issue.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA