This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Installing Sophos UTM 9 to server reboots during file copy

I am trying to install the software version of Sophos UTM 9.503-4.1 onto a small server and I am having a strange issue where the installer keeps restarting during the file copy portion of the install. I've tried a dozen time to do the install and it always randomly reboots while copying the files to the drive but never at the same point. I've tried everything I can think of to get the installer to complete with no luck. The server hardware is:

Supermicro motherboard
Intel C2D 1.83Ghz CPU
8GB RAM (4x2GB)
160GB 7200 RPM drive
6 10/100/1000 Intel NICs (2 onboard, 4 on a PCI adapter)

I've tried the following troubleshooting steps:

* Re-burn the ISO at a slower speed
* Remove the PCI network adapter
* Replace the hard drive with another HD and an SSD
* Pull all of the RAM and try just one stick at a time in different slots
* Re-seat the CPU
* Go into BIOS and disable all power management, disable multiple CPUs, change the SATA mode from Advanaced to Legacy, disable all ports (serial, parallel, audio, etc.), fiddle with the memory options

Nothing made a difference. I've tried watching the logs (ALT-F4) during the install. They show no error before the reboot happens. The server was running Untangle before this and pfSense before that so as a test I tried re-installing both Untangle and pfSense back on to the box to see if there was a problem with the server but both install and run fine. As a last resort I tried installing a copy of Sophos UTM 9.314-13.1 from an ISO that I had downloaded a year or so ago and it has the same reboot problem as the current version so it seems to be something in the installer that this server doesn't like.

I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas on what to try next. I'd really like to get this installed.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.