This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

License 90% used

I do not ask this question lightly, but with a sadness. As the number of smart devices (wifi connected light bulbs, hubs, smart outlets, Echo) etc. grow in my home, I am fast reaching a stage where the 50 licenses are 90%+ used. If I do not allow these smart devices to connect to the internet, they do not function properly. I have been using UTM for a long time now but being a home user, may not be able to afford to buy a paid version. I do not even know how much it would cost and what are the strings attached. So, I guess my questions would be:

Is it possible for home user to buy licenses? If yes, then what is the cost? Does it involve buying hardware or can I use my existing setup and just enter a new serial number?

If not, then what are the alternatives to using UTM? Something which allows more than 50 licenses?

Thanks,

Arun

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If you buy a licences you are no longer a home user. Commercial licences come with a fixed IP if you provide your own hardware or unlimited up to the resource limit on the Sophos hardware. You could buy one with no support and full functions. Talk to a reseller about your options.

try the xg, has limitations, like 4 cpus and 6gb of ram. V17b is due shortly. You can use the same hardware you use for your UTM.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• If you buy a licences you are no longer a home user. Commercial licences come with a fixed IP if you provide your own hardware or unlimited up to the resource limit on the Sophos hardware. You could buy one with no support and full functions. Talk to a reseller about your options.

try the xg, has limitations, like 4 cpus and 6gb of ram. V17b is due shortly. You can use the same hardware you use for your UTM.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Children
  • Sorry, I forgot to post a Thank You reply.

I have migrated to XG firewall and now struggling with the vagaries of a new platform...:) It is not the easiest to use but lot better than the initial release. The forum provides lot of good quality support so I am more confident in making it work.

Thanks again for your advise.

Arun