This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM Home Licence and Up2Date issue

Hi, I;m running UTM 9 with a Home Licence but Up2Date isn't working. I don't know when it started but I suspect around November when I renewed my licence.

I've neglected my firewall for a little while but I realised I hadn't had any firmware updates in a while - I was on 9.408. I thought perhaps it was now obsolete and I had missed an announcement but when I checked I saw that updates were still being released. I manually updated to 9.502 but the problem persists.

In the Up2Date log I see this:

2017:07:13-22:38:02 mangan audld[2076]: id="3713" severity="error" sys="system" sub="up2date" name="Fatal: no valid license found, disabling system up2date"
2017:07:13-22:38:02 mangan audld[2076]:
2017:07:13-22:38:02 mangan audld[2076]: 1. Modules::Logging::alf:100() /</sbin/audld.plx>Modules/Logging.pm
2017:07:13-22:38:02 mangan audld[2076]: 2. Modules::Audld::SystemAttributes::_get_license:104() /</sbin/audld.plx>Modules/Audld/SystemAttributes.pm
2017:07:13-22:38:02 mangan audld[2076]: 3. Modules::Audld::SystemAttributes::get:49() /</sbin/audld.plx>Modules/Audld/SystemAttributes.pm
2017:07:13-22:38:02 mangan audld[2076]: 4. main::main:100() audld.pl
2017:07:13-22:38:02 mangan audld[2076]: 5. main::top-level:40() audld.pl
2017:07:13-22:38:02 mangan audld[2076]: <=========================================================================
2017:07:13-22:38:02 mangan audld[2076]: patch up2date possible
2017:07:13-22:38:10 mangan audld[2076]: Could not connect to Server 79.125.21.244 (status=500 Internal Server Error).
2017:07:13-22:38:25 mangan audld[2076]: id="3701" severity="info" sys="system" sub="up2date" name="Authentication successful"

===The first line says there is no valid licence so Up2Date has been disabled (the last bit has been cut off).

But I do appear to have a valid licence:

Sophos support have been completely unhelpful and wouldn't even confirm that Up2Date should still be working although I've since found that the Home Licence is supposed to still work with Up2Date.

I suspect, but haven't proven yet, that the Patterns aren't being updated either - currently on 129307.

Any ideas, please?

P.S. I should have said I didn't do the updates in one go. I did a few at a time and left it for several hours to see if it would pick up the outstanding updates. It didn't.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

A couple of things

1/. Sophos support does not provide services to home users, only this forum does

2/. you appear to have created an essentials licence which means you will not get software up2dates only some pattern updates.

3/. you haven't configured any functions other than basic firewall otherwise you would have realised you had an essentials licence.

Please show all of the licence features that are enabled on your UTM.

To create a home user licence you need to delete your old licence and go to the second page of the licensing process.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• rfcat_vk, thanks for the response.

Is this what you wanted?

This is what appears on myUTM

I may have missed something when creating the licence. I think the previous year I contacted Sophos and it was generated and sent to me so last year was the first time I remember creating one.

If I delete the licence will the UTM continue working until I generate the correct licence?

Also, I've historically had a licence that supported more than 50 IPs (from the ASG days). Is that all gone now?

Thanks again.

• That is what I wanted, thank you. Yes appears to be an essentials licence.

I also had one of those greater than 50 IPs but it went the way of the wind. I do note thought that billybob has somehow managed to keep his.

Yes it will keep working in base mode until you generate a new licence as you are already in base mode you will not notice any difference.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Thanks. Yes that seems to have done the trick.

I now have to wait and see if I can live with the 50 IPs. I remember that previously I had a problem with the way that ASG recorded IPs so the 'special' licence was a life saver.

I've got a lot more stuff on my local LAN than I had then so this may be a short-lived experiment.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

• Thanks. Yes that seems to have done the trick.

I now have to wait and see if I can live with the 50 IPs. I remember that previously I had a problem with the way that ASG recorded IPs so the 'special' licence was a life saver.

I've got a lot more stuff on my local LAN than I had then so this may be a short-lived experiment.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Children