This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why does UP2date show different updates in AWS?

We currently have a Sophos UTM instance in AWS. It is a pay as you go (PAYG) pricing model instance.  It has firmware version 9.500-9 installed.  This version was offered by UP2date.

On a Bring Your Own License (BYOL) instance, UP2date offers only up to version firmware 9.413-4.

I did a test: I launched a brand new PAYG instance.  It started up with firmware 9.411-3.  After UP2date checked for updates, it says that 4 updates are available: 9.412-2, 9.413-4, 9.414-2, and 9.501-5.

So why is the PAYG instance UP2date offering firmware up to 9.501-5 while the BYOL instance UP2Date is only offering up to 9.413-4?

I need to know because we need to move from the PAYG instance to a BYOL instance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • First thing would be to check your up2date settings.

Then check your licence hasn't expired.

Then check that the device has open internet access not through a NAT device.

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• UP2Date set to check every 15 minutes

License is good

There is no NAT and it has internet otherwise Up2date would not be finding updates at all especially if the license had expired.

Reply Children