This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

After updating to 9.501-5 SSO for HTTP authentication failed and domain join not working.

UTM 9.501-5

Windows server 2012 domain controller.

I installed the 9.5 update on June 2, did not see any issues with this for the client, updated to 9.501-5 on June 12 midnight, and Internet access is failing on multiple sites.

Can get to Google.ca

Cannot get to canada411.com - Too many http redirects message.

Turned off web filtering and the websites were available - but the client requires filtering.

Re-enabled and turned off AD SSO authentication and websites are available again with correct content being blocked.

Attempted to remove from and rejoin domain, but domain join failed.

Currently, I have the client functioning, but, I need to rejoin AD and resume SSO authentication.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Hi Bob,

do you have any idea why the UTM looses the kerberos tickets ? It looks like that the key renewal is not working.

I joined the UTM this morning and all authentications are woking.

maybe a script willhelp ? Or: do you know the process which renews ?

Cheers

Martin

Children
  • I hadn't thought to look for it until you asked, Martin.  The following is a fictitious example:

cc ad_join_domain DOMAIN.LOCAL adminbob G3d0utahere! 172.16.1.5

DOMAIN.LOCAL - Active Directory domain name
    adminbob - Administrative username in AD
    G3d0utahere! - Password in AD for adminbob
    172.16.1.5 - IP Address of Domain controller

That can take awhile depending on your hardware and connection.  A result of 1 means the join was successful, 0 means it failed.

If you want to do that in a cron job, use /usr/local/bin/confd-client.plx instead of cc.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to BAlfson

Hello Bob, 

We have adjusted the KBA to include your suggestions. Thank you for all the input you have made on this issue!

Sophos UTM: Httpproxy with AD-SSO authentication doesn't work with Internet Explorer and Chrome after upgrading to 9.5

• It's a shame that you did not pull the up2date seeing as you have known about this for a while.

We applied the update on friday and then on Saturday we had the problem.

I tried searching for the actual error that you get in the log

Key version number for principal in key table is incorrect

but your kb article  https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/126819  doesn't actually include the error! so I was unable to find it.

Please can you update it to include this information.

It is nice to see that you tweeted about this on Saturday, (something I have complained about the lack of in the past)  but by then it was too late!