This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ZOTAC ZBOX Nano CI547

Hi All,

I have just bought the new ZOTAC CI547 with the new i5 Kaby Lake processor, and i put in 32GB Ram and a 256GB SSD HDD in it, so i will be extra fit to run the Sophos UTM for the next years to come. I could prior to my purchase not find any detailed specs on the Ethernets hardware, and was hoping it was INTEL. But it unfortunately happened to be Realtek. :-(

And now that i am installing the Sophos appliance, it only detects 1 Ethernet port and not both. I have already updated the firmware to the latest.

Any of you have any suggestions to what i need to do before the system detects both NIC's?

Cheers

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Just FYI

have asked Zotac support if the new CI327 got other LAN-chips than 323 or 321...

answer is no... same LAN Chips.. (realtek)

so the newest CI327 is directly supported with the UTM installer...

greets

zaphod

Home: Zotac CI321 (8GB RAM / 120GB SSD)  with latest Sophos UTM
    Work: 2 SG430 Cluster / many other models like SG105/SG115/SG135/SG135w/...

• another important Info from Zotac Support:

- All boxes which supports Intel AMT are having an intel LAN Chipset on Board (it is needed to support AMT).

i have checked and CI 547 and CI 549 have AMT support so an Intel Chipset on Board....

Lower modells like CI327 dont support AMT so Realtek on board which is directly usable with UTM installer.

greets

zaphod

• Hi Zaphod,

Thank you.

Do you have any information about XG Support? Or does this only apply for UTM?

Cheers

• Hi,

I have just tested both installations. XG and UTM. The system only detects the Realtek NIC and not the Intel 219 LAN Chipset.

So still no support for my Zotac CI547. Apparently i have to aim at running it on a ESXI where i can assign the one NIC to ESXI host and Firewall Inside, and the other one to WAN/Outside.

Cheers

• Hi Eddie,

no more info about this... but now its easy to see which zotac model got intel Lan chips and which one not.. the ones with Intel AMT got at least one INTEL LAN chip..

those without AMT running realtek only...

hope you running the 547 well with ESXi 6.0 or 6.5...

greets

zaphod