This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 9 + 1 Gb Fiber + Atom C2750

Hi everyone,

i new member !

I need advice because I can not find an answer.

I think build UTM for home with mother board Intel Atom C2750 8C  / 8 Gb RAM and 2x i210 intel NIC.

UTM 9 with firewall rules / IPS / Filters / antivirus and maybe VPN (juste for me).

My internet speed is DL 1 Gb/s UP 300 Mbs.

The C2750 is it powerful enough or take other cpu ?

Best Regard,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

I have had a look at the performance of the cpu and it should be good for you, but might get bogged down if you run multiple sessions, though being 8 real cores it should be able to handle the load.

There is along running thread on various peoples reports on hardware they have used. You might try searching the hardware forum.

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Thank you for your reply

On another post, same issue but with XG Firewall recommendation i3 2.5 Ghz.

What do you think ?

• Hi

thank you for asking. For IPS WilliamW recommends a very fast CPU, you don't need processing power because the UTM/XG are not performing serious calculations etc.

So I built one using a i3-6100 which runs about 3.8ghz or something similar. I could never test the performance though, my internet runs at 5.5/1 on a good day.

Also depends on whether you want low power or high throughput, seeing you have a high speed connection I expect high throughput wins. My box runs about 30-35w, yours will run higher because of your internet speed.

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.