This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ASG220 - Fan Voltage

All

I have a client with a Sophos ASG220 rev. 5 running on a software license (recovered unit, dead HDD replaced with an SSD, RAM upgraded) and they're complaining about the noise coming from the fans.  I'm planning to replace them with Noctua A4x10 fans, having repaired faulty fans on a switch in the past with the same with great success.  My question is - do I need the 5V or 12V version?  Furthermore, if anyone has taken this path, do you have another brand you'd recommend?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hey Aaron.

I've followed the same path with a repurposed AGS220 at my shop. Those original fans are really loud. To answer your question, you'll need a 12V version.

I used two Sunon HA40201V4-000C-C99 I bought from Amazon. It's about half the RPMs of the original fan, which is also a Sunon, so half the noise. Just be sure to run this device at a cool place, as the cooling from the fan would be less efficient. Mine has been running for about six months and I haven't noticed any significant increase in temperature.

Regards - Giovani

• Hey Aaron.

I've followed the same path with a repurposed AGS220 at my shop. Those original fans are really loud. To answer your question, you'll need a 12V version.

I used two Sunon HA40201V4-000C-C99 I bought from Amazon. It's about half the RPMs of the original fan, which is also a Sunon, so half the noise. Just be sure to run this device at a cool place, as the cooling from the fan would be less efficient. Mine has been running for about six months and I haven't noticed any significant increase in temperature.

Regards - Giovani

Children
No Data