This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM on Hyper-V virtual NIC type choice question

Hello folks,

I am trying to configure my virtual UTM Hyper-V instance.

After reading some of the articles I have partially success.

But I have a question regarding the right choice of switch type.

I set up with success an external switch for the internet connection interface , also for the primary internal interface an internal switch which also works.

I tried now a couple times to use the private switch for a second interface. But here I cannot connect to the internet. The Settings are the same with the primary itnernal switch.

Is it even possible to configure a interface with a private switch and get internet connection? Or did I waste my time trying it?

Yours

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The private switch on the Hyper-V host allows all Hyper-V guests ON THAT HOST to communicate with each other. So if you have a Sophos UTM on Hyper-V, you can have other Guest OSses on that same Hyper-V host that can all communicate to each other by means of the private switch.

As long as Sophos UTM is also connected to an external switch which can access the internet, the guest OSses on the private side of the UTM can use the UTM as a default gateway and should be able to reach the internet.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• Dear

that's also what i thought. I reinstalled the UTM now it works. The first UTM instance I used 9.3 and now I used directly 9.4. I cant reproduce the error because I didnt saved the logs before. Thank you very much for your answer. Thread can be closed.

Reply Children
No Data