This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BIOS Settings of SG 550 manufactured in 2015 or before

Hello,

I have a problem with installing UTM v9.2 on SG 550. Preinstallation check tells "No hardware appliance was found". Both devices are brandnew a were shipped with UTM 9.407. Because of some incompatibility with IPSec-RAS-VPN i MUST install v9.207 and upgrade to v9.351. Any UTM version lnewer than 9.351 has problems in our configuration of NCP-Client. I know that it is not recommended to use such an old version, but I can't help it. I have to exchange to devices first and after this I have to investgate in the IPSec issue.

After some investigation I found out that SG 550 was first mentioned in some documents from the year 2014. So 9.2 was definitely working on this device. The newer hardware seems to have some changes which are not recognized correctly by older versions. I suppose it has something to do with BIOS version, because my devices both have a BIOS from January 2016.

Maybe I can find out the reason for not recognizng the box if I compare my BIOS settings with the settings of an older box. Any help is highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Marco

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Marco, this is a question that Sophos Support should be working with you on.  Don't hesitate to request escalation if you don't get a good answer quickly. Good luck!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

Sophos is already working on this issue and it has been escalated to GES (Global Engineering). BUT, they told me in their first answer that they will fix it only for the last version of 9.3 which 9.358. So this won't help me because I need 9.351. I asked them to provide me an image with 9.351 and made clear that other Versions are not an option. Let's wait and see....

I will keep you informed...

Cheers

Marco