This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unstable Sophos UTM 9 - please help

Hi,

I'm running Sophos UTM 9 on an older HP Pavillion PC. I'm not sure about the specs but it works fine. Internet/LAN is stable. However, this PC is kinda noisy due to HDD and fans so I'm trying to get something more quiet and modern to run Sophos on.

First I tried installing Sophos on a Mintbox2: http://www.fit-pc.com/web/products/mintbox/mintbox-specifications/

Then I tried using Sophos on a Dell Optiplex 980: https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-optiplex-980-core-i5-650-3-2-ghz-4-gb-320-gb-4688405/specs/

I've installed SSD in both those machines. However, none of them can be used because WAN/LAN is completely unstable. WAN-link keeps going up and down and the network speed is slow. Whenever you do a line test the WAN-link goes completely down and LAN is generally unstable.

Does anyone have a clue why Sophos UTM 9 works on an older HP Pavillion but not on either the Mintbox2 or the Dell Optiplex?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I'm running my UTM on a Dell 7010 but with a Dual Intel NIC and Single Intel NIC card.

The dual LAN Port card is my bridged LAN ports and the other single Intel Card is my WAN port.

I have yet to see any dropouts with this setup.

I made sure the bios is setup with NO power management and disabled C-States.

Regards Simon

Sophos XG 17.5.1 MR-1 | Dell 7010 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3550 CPU @ 3.70GHz | 8GB Memory
    Samsung EVO 850 120GB SDD | 1x Intel 82574L / 2x 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)

• I'm running my UTM on a Dell 7010 but with a Dual Intel NIC and Single Intel NIC card.

The dual LAN Port card is my bridged LAN ports and the other single Intel Card is my WAN port.

I have yet to see any dropouts with this setup.

I made sure the bios is setup with NO power management and disabled C-States.

Regards Simon

Sophos XG 17.5.1 MR-1 | Dell 7010 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3550 CPU @ 3.70GHz | 8GB Memory
    Samsung EVO 850 120GB SDD | 1x Intel 82574L / 2x 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)

Children