This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

NIC throughput tanked after gigabit upgrade

I have been running UTM 9 at home for over a year now with no big issues.  My home switch has been a Cisco 3550 fast-e based switch, and this week I upgraded to a Cisco 3560 gigabit switch (also recently got gigabit fiber to the home).  I have these two interface cards in the UTM box:

eth0: D-Link System Inc DGE-528T Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
eth1: Intel Corporation 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connection

On the fast-e switch, everything ran fine with decent throughput as measured by speedtest sites and general observation.  When I move everything to the new switch, performance tanks, and speedtest sites actually error out.  Looking at the switch, I see port speeds from my computer, the UTM (inside and WAN ports), and the modem all synced at 1000/full with no errors or dropped packets.  However, when I shell into the UTM CLI, I am seeing a ton of dropped packets on the inside interface.  Interfaces & Routing --> QoS --> Status shows 1024 Mbps available on both interfaces, and I don't have any kind of throttling configured. 

Also as info, if I bypass the UTM and go directly to the modem or the VLAN on the switch that is connected to the modem north of the UTM, speedtest results look *much* better.  It appears to me that the UTM is not properly handling the interface speeds.  I am on UTM 9.407-3.

Any suggestions?  TIA for input.

Andy

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children