This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HA & Failover - What causes it?

In HA (Hot standby mode), what causes the UTM to switch and can it be controlled eg only failover on certain ports?

For instance, if I have E0 - E7 physical interfaces hooked up on master & slave, will pulling any interface on the master result in a failover?

If E8 is live on the master, but E8 on the slave doesn't have a connection, will pulling E8 on the master result in a failover?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Louis-M,

as far as know all physical ports are monitored by default and every port must have the same state (connected/disconnected) on master and slave to have a 'good' clusterstate. You maybe can exclude certain interfaces from being monitored in the hardware setting of the phys. interface - at least there is a chekbox 'HA monitored - but I didn't try that maself.

I think in your example the utm with the longer uptime will survive - I think if there is an equal number of good interfaces the next criteria is the uptime that decides whats happening.

Best regards

Manfred

• Thank you. That answered my question. Never went into the hardware tab so I can see that is now where it is done.

Reply Children
No Data