This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The eDirectory SSO server needs authentication server, not network objects

I am attempting to set up a new authentication server based on LDAP.  Both tests pass successfully.  When I go to save the config, I get the following error "The eDirectory SSO server needs authentication server, not network objects."  I am not using web protection at all and there are no SSO servers configured.  Any advice on clearing this?  Firmware version: 9.404-5

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, Eric, And welcome to the UTM Community!

Interesting, I just googled site:community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f The eDirectory SSO server needs authentication server, not network objects." I found only one other such complaint, and it was alone in a thread with no responses.

When there are weird things like this, I try these things in order until I find one that alleviates the problem - good luck!

1. Reboot the UTM.
    2. Restore the backup made automatically just before the last sequence of Up2Date was installed.
    3. Restore a backup from well-before the problem started.  If that works, see how new you can get before the problem appears.
    4. Reload the firmware from ISO.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I currently have the same problem, and was wondering If you solved it and if so, how?

Version 9.6

• Hello Bob,

Same issue here, but always if i edit anything on any Tab Authentication Services. For Example, i cannot enable networkblocking for SMTP proxy

Any idea? Firmware 9.605

I also cannot delete an old authentication server because "The Microsoft Active Directory server object 'InternMailserver' is required by the servers list."

greetings

• Hallo Thomas,

How does your configuration differ from Basic Exchange setup with SMTP Proxy?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Bob,

we have implemented O365 SMTP Relaying (depending on this guide https://www.internalit.ca/blog/post/filtering-office-365-email-through-a-sophos-utm-guide)

cheers

• You have a different problem that the original post here, Thomas.  In fact, if you followed the guide to which you linked, you are not allowing folks to authenticate against the SMTP Proxy to send email.  What happens if you simply [Apply] with 'SMTP Proxy' not checked?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Doesnt matter what i edit (or simply press apply). get everytime the same error :/

• How about a picture of the Edit of the relevant Server definition?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • There is no edirectory Server, only an AD, but cannot delete it.

if i delete it following message occurs

greetings

• Hallo Thomas,

Well, I guess I sometimes scan posts too quickly.  I just realized this thread is about eDirectory SSO, not AD SSO.  As I said above, there was only one other thread with a similar issue and it had no responses.  You should get a case open with Sophos Support.  Please come back and tell us if they were able to help you or if you had to re-image from ISO.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA