This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM Version 9.352-6 and 9.318-5 released (Do not install!!)

DO NOT INSTALL - THE UPDATES ARE FAULTY (Read this thread through!)

News

· Security Update
Remarks

· System will be rebooted
Bugfixes

36115 WebAdmin reflective XSS Vulnerability
36126 OpenSSL security update 1.0.1q

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi all:

First of all, many thanks for pointing our attention to this issue.

We had been able to reproduce and identify the source of the issue in the so-called Flow Monitor and will provide a fix in a future version.

Cheers,
    Sascha Rudolph
    Senior Software Engineer

Cheers,

Sascha Rudolph
    Senior Software Engineer, NSG

• Hi all:

First of all, many thanks for pointing our attention to this issue.

We had been able to reproduce and identify the source of the issue in the so-called Flow Monitor and will provide a fix in a future version.

Cheers,
    Sascha Rudolph
    Senior Software Engineer

Cheers,

Sascha Rudolph

Children
  • I'm experiencing the same issue.

This particular tool is key to me troubleshooting network bandwidth issues. I'm in the process of deploying a set of appliances at 4 locations that are supposed to go live this week. All 4 of the appliances were updated with the new firmware last night.

Any idea when "future version" might be? Are we talking hours, days, weeks?

I may need to hold off until this is resolved.

Thanks

Edit: Firmware Version 9.352-6

• Sophos people:

Even though it might be important to install these updates, I suspect many now won't install them until the bug fixes are available. So please, give us some kind of SWAG ETA for the fixes?

Still running 9.351.  Waiting until they fix 9.352.

• Hi, Rob, and welcome to the UTM Community!

The configurations should have been backed up before the Up2Dates. It should take about 10 minutes per box to download a config backup corresponding to the version you want to install, put it in the root directory of a USB memory stick, re-image the UTM from ISO and reboot with the USB key in place to restore.

Unless you have hardware that requires the 9.35x branch, I would go with V9.31. From what I see here, 9.318 does not have this issue. I also don't see the crash on either of the two lab units I've Up2Dated to 9.318.

EDIT a few minutes later: I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH 9.318!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Sascha,
    comes the Bugfix up2date version in the next days, or can the Sophos support fix this issues with an rpm package installation?
    One of my customer nee this fix fast on his main Gateway.

Greetings Andy

Cheers Andreas

UTM SCE/SCA | Endpoint SCE

• Thanks for the instructions Bob. I'll give that a try. That could help me keep my live date with customer. Thanks you very much.

I did not see the issue with 9.351-3 (version from yesterday. I'll try rolling one back to that and see what the results are.

Edit 12/16 -

I was able to use a backup config and install 9.351-3. I can confirm that I am not seeing an issue with accessing the flow monitor. It did take about 40 minutes of down time.

With three more to do (at remote locations), it's going to cost my company several hundred dollars of lost time (can't be billed to customer) and the lost productivity due to network down time. So while it isn't the end of the world, it has turned out to be a costly bug for us.

I also noticed I'm still being offered the 9.352-6 update. I would have thought it would be pulled due to issues to save someone who doesn't visit these boards the trouble and cost.

• Hi Andy:

Support will be provided a corresponding RPM - so they will be able to fix this issue on customer boxes.

Unfortunately I cannot give you any information on the Up2date schedule and when this fix will be pushed out.

Cheers,
    Sascha

Cheers,

Sascha Rudolph

• Is it possible to get this rpm over your side? support answers really slow...

greets

zaphod

Home: Zotac CI321 (8GB RAM / 120GB SSD)  with latest Sophos UTM
    Work: 2 SG430 Cluster / many other models like SG105/SG115/SG135/SG135w/...

• I'm sorry to let you know that I'm not allowed to distribute any RPMs or direct file replacements here.

Cheers,

Sascha Rudolph

• Just an info for all licensed Sophos Users without partner-status or without gold/platinum support:

even you got an paid license for your UTM you will not receive the needed RPM-File from sophos support.

You need to contact your Sophos Partner to get the file.

greets

zaphod

Home: Zotac CI321 (8GB RAM / 120GB SSD)  with latest Sophos UTM
    Work: 2 SG430 Cluster / many other models like SG105/SG115/SG135/SG135w/...

• eremit said:
    We had been able to reproduce and identify the source of the issue in the so-called Flow Monitor

So called Flow Monitor??? This is the product you are selling... and it is called flow monitor... What do you mean so called flow monitor. All you guys did was apply an SSL patch and fixed a vulnerability that specifically affected webadmin. All you had to do was QA the daemons that are affected by SSL connections and webadmin itself. Anyone using the UTM can tell you what to test without even knowing all the other dependencies.  

1. Test webadmin.

2. Test WAF.

3. Test SMTP.

4. Any other dependencies.

You guys didn't even test webadmin??? Is anybody doing QA or someone downloaded the binary and changed it to an rpm and hoped it will work. Two separate trees same problem??? Now a casual contact your reseller/ don't know when it will be fixed??? Really strange what is going on at sophos [:^)]