This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hyper-V - Integration Services

Good evening

I am running Sophos UTM home edition on Hyper-V. It's working well for me. However, Hyper-V reports the following for the LAN & WAN network adapters:

Degraded (Integration services upgrade required)

How can I overcome this?

Thanks

Tim

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I got the same question/issue [:)]
  • Not sure what your problem is, but utm has been working very well for me long-term on a hyper-v server.
  • That is a Hyper-V issue.  This means the integration services currently installed in the VM is older than the version used in the VM host server.  You will need to update your services, but I don't know if they are updated yet or not, as it seems Microsoft has been pushing out some networking changes in this last roll-out of Windows Updates.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• Not sure what your problem is, but utm has been working very well for me long-term on a hyper-v server.

It works without issue ,but hyper-v gives the warning about the guest services
  • I am having the same issue and from what I can tell the VM does have the Hyper-v integration services installed from what I see within packages installed in the UTM OS. All services are showing as offered as well.
    Does anyone running this under a Hyper-v VM not have this issue? If not having the issue I would be interested in what machine OS template was used and what Gen version was used. Mine were built as Gen 1 with the suse Linux enterprise 64 (11) as the OS template (via SCVMM 2012R2)

• Hi,

Please specify what version of Hyper-V are you running?

Thanks
  • What Linux integration service version Is built into UTM 9.3 ? Perhaps that is the answer to the this. There is no facility from Hyper-v to install the Linux integration tools as one would for windows OS. Hyper-v relies on either the Linux integration service (LIS) to be already installed in the OS or to be manually installed via the shell. My experience with Linux is very limited but from what I see Hyper-V integration is built into the UTM install as I can see the Hyper-V nic drivers but not sure what version (3.5? 4.0 are the latest I believe). Installing/ upgrading these would not be supported if I understand correctly. Does anyone know What version of Linux is the UTM 9.3 OS based on ?
  • "Does anyone know What version of Linux is the UTM 9.3 OS based on" SUSE. You will not be able to upgrade the drivers installed on UTM yourself. You'll just need to wait for an update that updates to a newer package.

...still have a v5 install disk in a box somewhere.

http://xkcd.com
    http://www.tedgoff.com/mb
    http://www.projectcartoon.com/cartoon/1
  • Scott,

I figured I would not be able to update the LIS since the UTM os is not to be modified and did not try. can you tell me what the appropriate SUSE version it is based on so that I can match it to the appropriate operating system VM template when creating the VM for the UTM 9.3. Currently I have it set to SUSE Enterprise server 11 (64 bit). I do also have a choice for SUSE Enterprise server 9, 10 and 12 (64 bit) along with different varieties of Linux OS choices.